Top 10 Spring/Summer Handbag Trends
By Cephren Carrera
Handbags are women’s most loyal friend, since they keep all of our secrets. When investing in a new bag for spring and summer consider some of the latest trends.
2. Classic/retro: Trends come and go, get the classic and lady like shapes of a perfect handbag that will always stay in style.
3. Bucket bag: Make your bucket bag a conversation piece, play it up with great color, texture or prints.
4. Geometric box bags: A cousin to the bucket bag is the box bag. Structured shapes not only gives you the look of elegance but also makes a strong statement.
5. Fringed: I think we all have realized that boho-chic is here to stay. A fun fringed bag can be used during fall/winter and well into spring/summer. Play it up with tassels or studs cross body or handheld.
7. Printed bags: Large prints and floral prints our big this season. Prints can be small, large, patchwork or embroidered. Think garden romantic!
8. Shoulder bag: Yes it’s back the classic shoulder bag. I know all fashion books show “hand” bags but good old-fashioned shoulder bags are popular again.
9. Modern backpack: When a cross body or a shoulder bag just won’t work, get a modern (big girl) backpack. This will give you a fun look with lots of freedom. They are great for travel, concerts and family outings.
10. Straw bags: Don’t forget a great straw bag. This bag will let everyone know summer is here and you’re loving it at the beach or a fun picnic.
As a stylist and interior designer, I have witnessed the power of style. I’ve had the honor to style diverse women, from size 00 – 20, multiple ethnicities, CEO’s of Fortune 500 companies to empowering women to get a job in order to get off welfare.
What I have learned in the process, at our core, we are all the same. We all battle with self-image and we all want more confidence.
A great (and surprisingly simple) way to increase confidence is through style. Let’s face it. When you look good, you feel good (increases endorphins in the brain). When you feel good, you have confidence. When you have confidence, you tap into your inner power.