Fall is All About Big & Comfy this year!
by Cephren Carrera
I know it seems like summer is never going to end, but when
it does you will want to be ready with the latest looks. Once the weather cools, these are some styles you want to include in your wardrobe. This fall it’s all about comfort. The bigger, the better. Think knits! Not just sweaters, enjoy pants and skirts. For the office, you can easily add a button up blouse to your knit skirt and boots. For a fun day of shopping, pair a comfy button up knit sweater with your favorite pair of boyfriend jeans. (St. John knit skirt $87, Coach purse $60, Loft button up blouse $18 and BCBG boots $32).
Some trends that always seem to make their way back in fall is the 60’s / 70’s look. So pull out your leather skirts, knee high boots and fun prints like argyle and polka dots. It’s always fun to mix them with your current wardrobe to add a fun modern twist. (Free People Dress $37, Sac purse $28 and Zara boots $42).
Just because fall is on its way out, don’t put away your brighter colors just yet. Some great colors to keep handy for fall are exotic reds like Sangria and Aurora. Your romantic purple tones like mauve mist and radiant orchid. And the ever so popular cobalt blue and emerald green.
I know we all love when the season changes, but until then you can slowly mix your lightweight fall in with your summer fashions. Don’t be afraid to mix your cowboy boots with your summer dresses, your over sized sweaters with a pair of knit shorts. Add a dash of animal print and metallic for a little flair (Kerisma knit poncho $27, Miss Me boot cut jeans $27, B.O.C. patent animal print flats $17).
by Cephren Carrera
Do you still have great summer items that you’re not ready to pack away, yet? Then don’t! Maybe, you’re a local gal who might still be enjoying summer into October. Use your summer wardrobe right into the fall season with the addition of few fall trends.
1. Don’t put away your pastels or florals just yet… simply mix them in with your lightweight fall items (denim, suede and neutral boots).
2. Take a walk on the wild side and mix up animal prints (hint: animal print is ALWAYS in season/style).
3. We LOVE denim! Everything from your go to pair of jeans, boyfriend style, worn look (patches are in), pencil skirt and even your “I will never throw it out,” pair!
4. For you ladies heading back to the office, a great dress with a classic cut will be a lifesaver when you’re in a pinch for time. You could easily pair with a basic pump and great jewelry. In the fall, add a smart blazer with a boot.
5. Don’t be afraid to get noticed, mix up prints and colors (a great printed shoe with a striped or polka dot dress)
6. NO, I would never forget, handbags and jewelry. Large clutches with pops of color and statement jewelry. Just think BOLD.
Are you tired of remembering your loyalty card every time you shop at Second Time Around? We are testing a pilot program in July. This VIP keypad will be located at the cash register. simply enter your phone number every time you make a purchase. This will automatically track your visits and you will receive bonuses and discounts based on your visits and not your total purchase.
Upon your first visit and sign up, you receive a $5 store credit to be used instantly on your next visit. Each purchase thereafter you will earn rewards and discounts that will be applied to your 5th and 10th visit. It also allows us to text you additional sales and discounts exclusive to our VIP loyalty members. If this program is successful, when the trial period ends; we will eliminate the loyalty card program (with ample time for you to redeem your rewards, of course).
We still have our Samsung Galaxy available in store for you to use for Instagram and Facebook check in and photo posting. thank you to those customers who have used social media during their shopping experience to receive additional discounts.